Today I want to share with you another way that I have been trying to beat the heat. I’m on a binge of making Ice Pops. And eating them too, of course. 😀
With a new toy to play with (my popsicle mold), I’ve been dreaming up all kinds of flavors and while most of them have been pretty good, this one, I think, is outstanding. Pureed mango and coconut milk with a little shredded coconut thrown in just to really taste the flavor. I can’t even begin to tell you how delicious they are. Sweet pureed mango and silky, smooth coconut are a match made for each other. Sort of like a Piña Colada. Want to know what else is great about them? They are only 68 calories each. Whoo-Hoo!
COCONUT MANGO POPS
Yield: Makes 10
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage (dairy case)
- 1 3/4 cups diced ripe mango
- 1 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 tsp. coconut flavoring, optional
1. Puree mango in the blender with 1/4 cup of the coconut milk beverage and sugar and blend until smooth. Pour out into a small bowl and set aside.
2. In the blender container, combine the remaining coconut milk beverage, canned coconut milk, honey, shredded coconut and coconut flavoring, if using. Blend briefly to thoroughly mix and chop the coconut.
3. Pour, or spoon, about 2 Tablespoons of mango puree into each popsicle mold then pour in coconut milk mixture, until all the molds are filled. Cover the molds, insert sticks, and place the molds in the freezer and freeze until solid, about 5 to 6 hours.
SOURCE: POPS, Icy Treats for Everyone, Krystina Castella