These raviolis breaded and baked till golden, then served with warm marinara sauce, are perfect little appetizers or munchies for when folks stop by and you need a quick snack, or for yourself while you’re watching a game. Be sure to make plenty, because once everyone gets a taste of this crunchy, cheesy, yumminess, they’ll be gone in no time. And the best part is they are baked, not fried.
On your next trip to the supermarket do your self a favor and pick up a package of fresh or frozen ravioli, either cheese or meat filled. Either works fine, but we particularly like the three-cheese variety. There is no need to pre-cook them. When you’re ready to make them, just dip them into the egg wash, then the seasoned bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet and bake until puffed and crisp. Serve them warm with marinara sauce for dipping. Very easy to do, and they look like you spent a lot of time on their preparation.
BREADED TOASTED RAVIOLI
SERVINGS: about 4-5
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup bread crumbs, plain, pre seasoned , or Panko
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (25 ounce ) package ravioli, thawed if frozen
- cooking spray, or olive oil spray
- sauce for dipping, ie; marinara or alfredo
1. Preheat oven to 400*F Place a wire rack on a baking sheet, or simply line with foil.
2. Beat together the egg and water in a small bowl. Mix together the bread crumbs, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and cheese, in a large bowl or shallow pan.
3. Dip each ravioli in the egg, and then roll in the bread crumb mixture. Spray both sides of breaded ravioli with cooking spray; place on the wire rack, or foil lined sheet.
4. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, puffed and crispy, 15 – 20 minutes. My recommendation is to turn them over about half way through the cooking time so both sides get equally brown and crispy.
Serve warm with marinara or alfredo sauce for dipping. Oh, Yum!
SOURCE: All Recipes.com