This recipe was developed out of boredom with plain ole brownies. Not that there’s anything wrong with a good brownie! I’ll never turn away from one especially if served with a dab of ice cream. But on this particular day I needed to bake something to bring to a pot-luck get-together, and since brownies are always a popular choice, I decided to dress these up with the addition of a cheesecake swirl using cream cheese and some raspberry jam. They turned out to be very moist and chewy, and somewhat decadent .
RASPBERRY CREAM-CHEESE BROWNIES
Servings; 16 brownie squares
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 0z. 1/3 -less- fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom only of an 8 inch square baking pan.
- To prepare filling, place filling ingredients in a medium mixer bowl; beat at medium speed until well blended. Set aside.
- To prepare brownies, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk together lightly. Combine sugar, cocoa, melted butter, water, vanilla, and eggs, and stir well with a whisk. Add the flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Pour/spread two-thirds of batter into prepared pan. Pour filling over batter, spreading evenly. Carefully drop the remaining batter and preserves by spoonfuls over filling; swirl together using the tip of a knife to marble.