Today feels like a good day.
It feels like one of those days that has been a long time in coming. But thanks to the passing of days, hours and minutes it’s finally here. I’m staring down the finish line, listening to loud music blasting from my I-Pad, practicing dance steps while I cook–because that’s what I do..
The whole point of my happy dancing around the kitchen is because today is the last day at home before we go on va-ca-tion!! To celebrate I am making a fantastic breakfast.
You know how it is when you’re going away, you clean out the refrigerator, right? So I have a little of this and a little of that, and Bingo!! it becomes these cute little ham and egg cups. I hope you like them as much as we did. They were fun to make and even more fun to eat.
As described in the recipe, I baked the cups in the oven, but you could also make them in the microwave, for a quicker meal. They only take a few seconds to put together and about 13 – 15 minutes to bake in the oven, giving you just about enough time to make coffee and some toast to go with them.
Try them and do the happy dance around your kitchen, too.
BAKED HAM AND EGGS CUPS
Yield: Directions are for 1 serving. Increase amounts accordingly.
- 1 or 2 slices thin deli ham
- 1 or 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup frozen hash browns
- shredded cheddar cheese
1. Line the bottom of an 8-oz. ramekin or custard cup with ham slices, folding ham in half if necessary.
2. Pour hash browns in top of ham.
Lightly whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. Pour over hash browns.
3. Sprinkle top with shredded cheddar.
4. Place ramekins on a baking sheet for stability in and out of the oven.
5. Bake at 400 *F. for 13 – 15 minutes, till tops are puffed and eggs no longer “jiggle”. As noted above, these can also be cooked in the microwave until eggs are set.
SOURCE: Carolyn’s Originals