Yes, it was Super Sunday, and no we didn’t watch the game, go to a party, or cheer for any particular team, but I did use game day as an excuse to make some foods associated with game watching. I guess I’m more interested in food than football! Anyway, I made these easy little pinwheels that we enjoyed for lunch with some fresh fruit. Then I went on to make a chicken quesedilla casserole for dinner. I’ll be telling you about that in a few days. so stay tuned.
These easy to hold little pinwheels make a great appetizer, combining two flavor favorites; bacon and cheddar cheese, wrapped into crescent roll dough. You can eat them with your fingers, no utensils required, while in the other hand you hold your favorite beverage. A neat party food, I think. One that guys will like–at least my husband did. In fact, he asked me to make them after seeing them in a picture. Turns out he was on the right track with that suggestion. I liked them very much too.
BACON CHEDDAR PINWHEELS
Yield: Makes 12 – 16, depending on how thick you cut them.
- 1 roll refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 Tablespoons ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces, 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350* F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Unroll the crescent roll dough; pressing each section into a 12 x 4 inch rectangle, firmly pressing the perforations to seal.
3. Spread 1 Tablespoon dressing over each dough rectangle to the edges. Sprinkle each with bacon, cheddar cheese, and onions.
4. Starting at one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6-8 slices; place cut side down on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake 12 – 17 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown. Immediately remove from baking sheet. Serve warm.
SOURCE: Pillsbury Baking
Pingback: White Chicken Chili | Delicious on a Dollar
My brother recommended I may like this blog.
He was once totally right. This post truly made my day.
You cann’t believe simply how so much time I had spent for this info!