This is a side dish which I serve often. It seems to go with many different entrees, and if your oven is on to cook meatloaf, chicken, chops, or whatever else, then these potatoes can cook along side the main dish. Everyone I have ever served this dish to, has loved it. Those folks with hearty appetites will find this very satisfying, indeed.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- 4 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 green onions, sliced; use both white and green parts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Wash and slice the potatoes. Arrange in a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In microwave heat butter, green onion, salt, thyme and pepper until butter is melted. Drizzle over potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, another few minutes until cheese is melted.