Dinner rolls and biscuits often times join each other on the dinner table. Some folks prefer rolls while others like biscuits. I’m a biscuit person when given a choice, although I never turn down a good dinner roll either. These biscuits are so good that I just had to share them with you just in case your family is like mine and likes a variety of “breads” on the table.
I suppose it doesn’t make much sense to rave about a recipe that starts with a baking mix and includes just a couple of other ingredients. And it probably doesn’t count that I literally had these mixed up in seconds yet I can’t praise them enough. They are light, fluffy, and reach- for- seconds delicious. They feel like they are going to float right out of your mouth!
These biscuits are also great with a bowl of soup or a salad.
CHEESE GARLIC BISCUITS
Yield: 10 servings
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix, like Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 450*F Have ready a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Combine baking mix, garlic powder, milk and cheddar cheese in a mixing bowl. Beat with wooden spoon until soft dough forms.
3. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
Bake 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown.
4. Melt butter and add chopped parsley.** Brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm.
**I like to brush the butter mixture on before and after baking. It makes them so much better.
My mom makes these all of the time – they’re my favourite. Anything that is that easy to make is an instant favourite.
You can never go wrong with Easy and Good; always the best!