“Extraordinary! Best dessert you’ve made in a while!” These were Mr. D’s words when he tasted this dessert. Holy Moly! I never imagined this simple little dessert would bring such compliments.
Made from just a few ingredients, some of them convenience items, it goes together quickly and tastes fabulous. Juicy peaches are wrapped in crescent roll dough,
then bathed in a cinnamon syrup and citrus-flavored soft drink.
Once baked they are brown and bubbly, and oh, sooo good; especially served with a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Mr. D. is already reminding me that I have to make them again soon. I know I’m being bossy here, but you must make this dessert ASAP. Do It.!
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large fresh, firm, ripe peaches, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp, ground cinnamon
- 1 (12-oz.) can citrus-flavored soft drink, such as lemon-lime, or Mountain Dew
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 – inch baking pan. Unroll crescent rolls, separate into triangles. Place 1 peach quarter on wide end of each triangle; roll up around peaches, starting at the wide end. Place point sides down in prepared pan.
2. Melt butter in microwave, Stir together sugar and cinnamon. Add to butter and mix well. Drizzle this mixture over the peach rolls. Pour soft drink over the rolls.
3. Bake at 350*F for 40 – 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Note: Since I made this dessert for 2 of us, I made only half the recipe. A serving consists of 2 peach rolls.
SOURCE: Southern Living Magazine