Cookies made from a boxed cake mix—one of my favorite kinds to make when I’m in a hurry and need a sweet fix!.. They only take about 5 minutes of your time, and they come out delicious and chewy!.. Just think, you can use any flavor of cake mix in this recipe to make crinkle cookies; ones that are particularly good are lemon, chocolate, and this one. I chose the Red Velvet for now, because they look so festive. I’m also considering using a white cake mix and tinting the batter a light green. The two kinds together on a plate, red and green with white sugar coating, oooooh, so pretty!
RED VELVET CRINKLE COOKIES
- 6 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 18.25 oz. box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with a silicon mat or parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, eggs and red velvet cake mix until there are no large lumps left.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls ( about 1 Tablespoon worth of dough.) and roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches for spreading.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the tops have cracked and they look set ( the centers will still be gooey) Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- May be stored in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
These cookies are wonderful served with some vanilla ice-cream.
SOURCE: Duncan Hines.com
Pingback: Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies | Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen
These cookies were so delicious. My husband and I enjoyed them very much Ty
Thanks very much. I’m glad you enjoyed them. Carolyn
Pingback: Cookie rampage « Chef Doru's Blog
Pingback: Looking Back–and Ahead | Delicious on a Dollar
Pingback: Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake Bars | Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen
Pingback: Holiday Baking Time is Here | Delicious on a Dollar
Pingback: Holiday Cookies | Delicious on a Dollar