With this easy and delicious recipe, pizza will quickly become an often-served meal in your home. If you prefer, you can replace the whole wheat flour with regular bread flour. I depend on my bread machine to make my yeast doughs, but of course you can make it in the traditional mix and knead method if you prefer.
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, optional
- 1 teaspoon pizza dough flavoring, from King Arthur Flour
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
1. Place ingredients in pan of dough machine in the order recommended by your machine.
2. Set for DOUGH cycle, and press START.
3. At end of cycle, remove dough from the machine and roll into 1 or 2 pizza pan-sized circles. Place on lightly oiled pizza pan and turn any excess dough under itself to form a high crust. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes.
4. Spread with desired sauce and toppings. Place in preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
5. Alternately, you may divide the dough into 2 balls, wrap in plastic wrap and foil, and freeze for later use.
Source: Slightly adapted from The Big Book of Bread Machine Recipes